Thursday, March 31, 2011

More colors

I am going to show off another one of my paint schemes, but first I want to talk briefly about another aspect of the hobby. Modifying miniatures. I am not much of a sculptor. However, I love to build things out of random bits. A while back a friend and I stumbled on a great deal. A sizable force of Cryx from Warmachine for sale a a really great price. We decided to go in on it together. One of the pieces we picked up was even cheaper than a good deal. Asphixious was missing the bottom part of his spear. I knew right away how I would fix it, and you can see the unpainted repair here.

The picture is kind of rough but you can still see the repair. I made this from a spare piece of copper pipe, a bead and one of my SO's earings which had lost its small stone. I think the result is pretty nice. Painted up you can hardly tell its a replacement build.

The other nice thing about going together with a friend on an army is that I have step by step instructions for all the colors and effects for the entire model written up. It requires a somewhat eclectic mix of paints, but unlike with most of my older stuff I can tell you exactly how I did this model if anyone is interested.

1 comment: