Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Project Scythe Now With Paint!!!

After all that work to get this built things are finally moving along quickly. You can see the model was primed white. I also have my first coat of paint down. I do the yellow skin color of my warbeasts in an unusual fashion. This coat, Citadel Sunburst Yellow watered down to not quite a wash, is actually the highest of the highlights. I will be adding a series of progressively darker, and thinner washes, then I will go back and touch up the highlighted areas. 


A lot of people will tell you never to prime white because you have to go back and all the shadows between sections. However, since the plates on this model will be so dark anyway I find the white primer saves me a great deal of time trying to cover black primer with yellow. The darker paint on the other parts of the model also mean I can do the skin with a series of washes and not worry to much about how neat I am as I will neither be hiding detail not putting down a hard to cover color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment