Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Project 60

Here is how this works. I get one miniature, primed and assembled. I spend one hour painting it and snap pictures at five minute intervals. Photography time does not count towards the hour. I also stop the count to allow washes to dry. 

Today the miniature is the Attendant Priest from Warmachine. In games terms this model accompanies a mercenary unit and this made me less concerned about the paint scheme matching exactly. I have never attempted this before. Going in I had no idea if an hour was going to be enough time or too much. Turns out that a little more time would have been better, but I didn't do that badly. I also learned that I need to figure out how to keep the camera zoom at the same setting. It kept turning off and resetting the zoom level so the picture below is not as consistent as I would like. Still you get a pretty good sense of my painting process here. You may need to click, this is a fairly big picture. 
The final result you can see below, the only changes I made after the hour was to touch up the black part of the base.
I enjoyed this process immensely. I hope to try it again when I can, either on a model used for this specifically or when I get another good candidate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment