Saturday, July 2, 2011

Distractions

So periodically I get distracted by something that eats up my painting time. That has been happening a lot lately. It occurred to me that maybe I should share. Lately, my biggest distraction has been a computer game a friend of mine introduced me to. Space Pirates and Zombies (SPAZ) is currently still in beta and therefore available for 25% off or $15 (US). Its an old school top down pace shooter. You build a fleet and blast your opponents while gathering resources and upgrading things. It can get a bit repeatative, rather like traditional grinder games like Diablo, but that isn't always a completely bad thing. There is enough flexibility in the game that you can get a good ship that suits your style. For example, I prefer beam weapons because they hit instantly rather than having to lead your targets. I also like to load up on powerful launchers. Thus my current ship lets me hang back and beat off enemy fighters with my beams while my wing-men harass a larger target. When my missiles are ready I close, strip their remaining shields with my beams, and the let them have it with a big missile volley. Its perfectly legitimate to play other ways however.

I am including a link below, but I want you guys to know that I am in no way affiliated with the maker of this game. I just like it and thought I would share.

No comments:

Post a Comment