Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Scythean Skin!

OK so in all the time I have been away I have put very little time in to project Scythe as I have been waiting to be able to get pictures. That means it will be moving up to the front burner as I am going to want the Scythean for some upcoming games.

Below you can see the big fellow with the rough skin. This is achieved with a series of washes each wash gets darker but also get thinned down more with water and glaze medium. The first wash is golden yellow, followed by bubonic brown and then a mix of bubonic brown and graveyard earth. All paints in this sequence are Citadel.  During this process I am not too concerned with neatness. Everything that is left is gong to be getting much darker coloration. I will also go back and clear up any areas where the wash pooled too much or otherwise doesn't look right.

No comments:

Post a Comment